Thinking about Science, Reflecting on Art – Bringing Aesthetics and Philosophy of Science Together, επιμ. Otávio Bueno, George Darby, Steven French, Dean Rickles Γιάννης Κουκουλάς
Thinking about Science, Reflecting on Art: Bringing Aesthetics and Philosophy of Science Together is the first book to systematically examine the relationship between the philosophy of science and aesthetics. With contributions from leading figures from both fields, this edited collection engages with such questions as:
- Does representation function in the same way in science and in art?
- What important characteristics do scientific models share with literary fictions?
- What is the difference between interpretation in the sciences and in the arts?
- Can there be a science of aesthetics?
- In what ways can aesthetics and philosophy of science be integrated?
Aiming to develop the interconnections between the philosophy of science and the philosophy of art more broadly and more deeply than ever before, this volume not only explores scientific representation by comparison with fiction but extends the scope of interaction to include metaphysical and other questions around methodology in mainstream philosophy of science, including the aims of science, the characterisation of scientific understanding, and the nature of observation, as well as drawing detailed comparisons between specific examples in both art and the sciences.
Περισσότερα δες εδώ