A Sea Change – Open call for production/research residencies and presentation of artworks [Deadline: 10 February 2023 at 23:59 CET]
KONTEJNER I bureau of contemporary art praxis is inviting Croatian and international artists / artistic collectives to apply for two new open calls within the project A Sea Change, co-founded by the European Union and led by KONTEJNER: 1) a two-week residency program in May 2023 at the Mediterranean Institute for Life Sciences (MedILS) in Split, Croatia as part of their ARTScience programme; 2) participation in exhibition and performances programme in Split, 18 to 22 May, with already existing artworks. The deadline for the applications is 10 February 2023 at 23:59 CET.
We are calling for art projects that focus on creative and innovative interventions in cultural and natural ecologies related to the sea with a special emphasis on sub-topics such as biodiversity and sustainability, blue economy, bioacoustics, community life in seaside areas, and tourism.
The projects should belong to at least one of the following contemporary art fields:
- hybrid intermedia and investigative artistic practices
- art, science and technology
- bio-art and biomedia
- sound art and experimental music
Key criteria for the selection of projects (both residency and presentation programme) that the curators will take into account are:
- Creativity, innovative aspects and critical approach in project/research concept;
- Elaborate and precise realization plan: realistic and manageable production budget breakdown and resources necessary for project/research realization;
- Content quality, conceptual elaboration (in line with the project theme), research and theoretical background.
For both open calls, special consideration will be given to artworks that can be presented at the outdoor space of MedILS atrium and the ones that engage with the MedILS space and its surroundings.