Art & Technology 2023/2024 (Getty Research Institute Applications)Γιάννης Κουκουλάς
Art & Technology
The theme of “Art & Technology” encompasses questions on manufacture and craft, process and invention, materiality and immateriality, and the digital and the virtual:
- How do Indigenous epistemologies support or underpin alternative concepts and frameworks for understanding the relationship between art and technology?
- How do technologies move across cultures, and how are they transformed in the process? What happens to technologies as they travel between cultures? How do they evolve and adapt?
- How do ancient technologies inform contemporary artistic practice, and what possibilities are afforded by contemporary technology to reckon with art of the deep past?
- What are the implications of nonhuman systems of production?
- How can technologies be productively misused by artists?
- How have technological advances changed and challenged modes of viewership?
Applications opened in July 2022.