TCCE Arts and Digital Creativity Forum: AI and Performance, Location: Online [14/3/2023, 14:00 – 15:00 GMT]
In this discursive and informal event, the TCCE Arts and Digital Creativity Forum will consider how AI is impacting questions of performance.
Join us as we question whether performance itself can be changed through engaging with and assimilating AI, with a particular focus on the dance and film industries. We will examine cultural touring companies and their use of digital media, and whether technology can address the increasing challenges of touring live work, and help audiences access performance.
We will also be considering the use of AI during film production including in pre- and post-production, audience engagement and AI, as well as showcasing some pioneering work being undertaken across the creative and cultural industries.
- (Chair) Professor Eduardo Alonso, Director of the Artificial Intelligence Research Centre at City, University of London
- Karl Woolley, Global Head of Immersive at Framestore
- Mattias Frey, Head of the Department of Media, Culture and Creative Industries at City, University of London
- Aoi Nakamura & Esteban Lecoq, Co-Artistic Directors at AΦE
- Sahil Dhingra, Co-Founder and CEO at DeepReel
Image – AΦE, WHIST 14, taken by Paul Plews