Visual Methods Conference 29-31 May 2023, Rome [Deadline for submissions 28 February]
The 8th edition of the Visual Methods Conference will be held in Rome
an international event that every two years brings together professionals in the field to discuss, with an interdisciplinary approach, visual languages
In 2023 the Conference will be organised by Sapienza University of Rome in collaboration with Melting Pro.
The theme chosen is ‘Preparing for the Next Generation‘.
The era we are living in is certainly experiencing a time of transition: the pandemic put the whole world in crisis. How do we make a strong and responsible investment in the Next Generation? What common goods – such as education and training – do we turn to in order to give everyone equal opportunities?
In this scenario visual methods play an important role, embracing much more than the simple communication of results. We need to understand how our community can trigger broader reflections and offer solutions to specific problems.
We propose five tracks corresponding to five challenges addressed worldwide:
1. A Green/Sustainable Future:: giving a green revolution and ecological transition
2. A Digital Future: involving digitization, innovation, culture and inclusion
3. A Caring Future: giving physical health, psychological well-being and social cohesion
4. A Smart Future: stimulating research and education to develop abilities, wisdom and experience
5. An Equitable Future: embracing diversity, inclusion and good social relationships
Contributions can be in the form of extended abstracts, papers, panel proposals, workshop proposals and/or proposals for visual exhibitions or physical activities
All information to participate in the Call here. Deadline for submissions 28 February.