Journal of Science and Technology of the ArtsΓιάννης Κουκουλάς
Journal of Science and Technology of the Arts is a peer-reviewed publication that results from a commitment of the Research Center for Science and Technology of the Arts (CITAR) to promote knowledge, research and artworks in the field of the Arts.
The Journal provides a distinctive forum for anyone interested artistic research and practiced-based research.
The Journal is published annually by the Universidade Católica Portuguesa, under an open access policy and has no article submission charges or article processing charges.
Each issue of Journal of Science and Technology of the Arts includes:
– Dossier with a Call for Papers and a specific theme (between four and six articles)
– General articles sections (free submission);
– One or two Audiovisual Essays.
– Two or more reviews (books, festivals, exhibitions).
The Journal of Science and Technology of the Arts covers a wide range of topics related to the study and practice of artistic work.
JSTA relates directly to the two main focus areas of the Research Center of Science and Technology of the Arts:
- Cinema and Visual Arts
- Our framework on cinema and visual arts focuses on three main domains: Contemporary Cinema (modes of production and exhibition; non-linear and complex narratives; hybridism; sensory cinema; slow cinema; archive cinema; audiovisual essay); Visual Arts (expanded and experimental cinema; video; photography; painting; new technologies applied to visual arts); Art, Criticism and Politics (critical thinking and contemporary culture; art institutions and systems; arts education; political visual art and cinema; social and environmental commitments through visual arts and cinema)
- Sound and New Media Art
- The expanded field of Sound Art and New Media Art, in its possibilities, as art practice; as research on art and technology; as a cultural and historical study in the two disciplines.
Other topics that are relevant to our editorial interest:
- Computer Music
- Digital Arts and Culture
- Generative Art/Systems
- Interactive Art
- Creative Industries
- Animation Cinema and Culture
The journal is permanently open to receive submissions for future issues. Please follow the instructions for authors with guidelines for submitting your paper.
Print versions of the latest volume can be purchased from Lulu.com.
Open Access Policy
The journal offers immediate Open Access to its content (Creative Common CC BY License). The Journal allow readers to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of its articles and allows readers to use them for any other lawful purpose.
Copyright and Permissions
The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright without restrictions and will retain publishing rights without restrictions.
Article Processing Charges
The Journal does not charge article processing charges (APC) or article submission costs.
Plagiarism checker tool
This journal uses Turnitin software as a plagiarism detection tool.
Περισσότερα δες εδώ.